Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!

First and foremost, Happy New Year! I can't believe it is 2013! 2012 was a fabulous year, I can't wait to see what 2013 has in store for me! I was extremely blessed to be able to start two businesses that I have fallen madly in love with. I was looking over my records for Sugar on Top and from June until the end of December I had a little over 60 cake and cupcake orders! I'm hoping to continue this great adventure into the new year and I look forward to watching them grow!
This week I had two orders, both for return clients! The first cake was a Hello Kitty cake, and just like all the cakes I make, I had so much fun making it! I enjoy being able to see the cake come together, piece by piece, into a piece of artwork. I especially love it when my customers let me have free reign when it comes to the decorating on the cake. This cake is a 2-tier marble cake with a vanilla buttercream.
This next cake was a last minute order that I certainly didn't mind taking! I have a love for Alice in Wonderland, so making the Cheshire Cat cake was quite exciting! The customer had in mind how they wanted the cake and I made a few slight changes to make it my own. I started on this cake around 11am Monday morning and had it done a little before 4pm. Here is a one tier yellow cake with a vanilla buttercream that looks like the Cheshire Cat!
 Upcoming cakes for this weekend (01/06/13): a construction themed cake & a hunting cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment