Thursday, March 7, 2013

A Cake Fit For The Mighty Men!

Things have been so incredibly busy, there have been so many cakes! I kept telling myself I better write a blog post or I will fall behind, what do you know, I have fallen behind! I honestly don't even know where to begin!
On my mind this morning is twin boys, Gabe and Zeke, known to many as the Mighty Men. They have been patiently waiting in Ethiopia to come home to their parents in the U.S. Their parents got the much anticipated call last week that they could come get the boys! 


I went to school with the parents-to-be and had been so moved by their story of adoption. I've laughed, I've cried, I've danced with joy reading their blog & Facebook updates!

 The grandmother-to-be contacted me to make a surprise baby shower cake, an opportunity I was excited to have gotten! I was given a theme and colors and I couldn't wait to start! 

The bottom tier has green stripes and a brown stripe with a brown bow. The top tier is buttons (this fits perfect since the boys are 'cute as a button')! Both tiers are a moist chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream. The cake was finished with a little piping and then the edible elephant and giraffe was added!

The final product!
I couldn't resist, I had to share this adorable picture!
I know a lot of people are saying this, but I can't wait for the Mighty Men to be home with their parents! It has been a long journey for everyone involved, but it is all worth it! If you haven't already checked out their story, check out the AMAZING story of Cary, Amy, Zeke, and Gabe Hill at Hill Huddle!


No comments:

Post a Comment