Thursday, March 7, 2013

John Deere Cake!

I impressed myself with this cake! It turned out better than I ever imagined! The mom to the soon-to-be 3 year old contacted me at Sugar On Top Cakes & Sweets; she needed a John Deere cake! 

I remember Gavin when he was an itty bitty baby, now he has grown into a little country boy! I was sent pictures of his tools, a hammer and pliers, and the hat he loved to wear! From being born and raised in the South, I was delighted to get this order!

The cake is a delicious chocolate and vanilla marble with a vanilla buttercream. A neutral beige was chosen for the fondant color since it goes so well with the green. 
I used gumpaste to make an edible hat! It was quite easy to make; I just rolled out the gumpaste and molded it over a bowl. It ended up having creases and it turned out exactly like Gavin's hat! I added the yellow brim, drew a John Deere logo, cut it out and attached it to the hat!
Gavin LOVES his tools, so it was a must that they be included! These were made from fondant and molded into the shape of a hammer and pliers!
What little boy doesn't like to have another tractor he can play with?! Since it was a tractor cake, what better way to add to the cake then to add a little grass! 

The birthday boy looked so happy!!
Happy 3rd Birthday Gavin!!
Getting messages like this is what makes everything I do worth it!!





No comments:

Post a Comment